It has been a long-standing practice of the Cryogenic Engineering Conference (CEC) and the International Cryogenic Materials Conference (ICMC) to present awards to students for outstanding work. These awards are made on a competitive basis. Winners will receive a printed certificate and a monetary award.
The following paper presented at the 2017 Conference in Madison, Wisconsin, published in the IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, Vol. 279, 2017, has been selected for the Student Meritorious Paper Award:
“Effect of sheath material and reaction overpressure on Ag protrusions into the TiO2 insulation coating of Bi-2212 round wire”
Imam Hossain, J Jiang, M Matras, U P Trociewitz, J Lu, F Kametani, D Larbalestier and E Hellstrom
2019 REQUIREMENTS (changed with the 2017 Conference)
All students who successfully apply for an Early Registration Fee Waiver will automatically be entered for the ICMC Meritorious Paper Award. The full manuscript can be submitted up to the manuscript submission deadline for the conference, which is July 22, 2019. It is this full manuscript that will be judged.
Students who do not apply for the Early Registration Fee Waiver and want to have their manuscript entered for the ICMC Meritorious Paper Award should contact Eric Hellstrom during the conference to signal that they want their manuscript to be considered for the award.
- All students must submit an acceptable manuscript following the CEC/ICMC format by the regular manuscript submission deadline for the conference (July 22, 2019).
- To be considered for the award, the student must personally present their paper as an oral or poster presentation in an ICMC session at the conference.
- The 2019 ICMC Student Meritorious Paper Award(s) will be decided during the paper peer review process which follows the 2019 Conference.
- The winner(s) will be notified and receive the monetary award and printed certificate by mail.
- The winner(s) will be announced on the 2021 website.
- The winner(s) will be recognized publicly at the 2021 Conference.
ICMC applications should be sent to:
Applied Superconductivity Center, National High Magnetic Field Laboratory
2031 E. Paul Dirac Dr
Tallahassee, FL 32310 USA