The CEC/ICMC publication appears in the IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, a completely open access, with full text available for instant download to anyone online free of charge. The papers are indexed by Google and Google Scholar, with additional abstracting and indexing in Scopus, Inspec, ISI proceedings, Chemical abstracts, SPIRES, MathSciNet, and others.
Paper submission & peer review deadline
- UPDATE August 5: The paper submission site is now open. An email has been sent to all authors of presented papers during CEC/ICMC’21 with instructions on how to access and proceed with the paper submission.
- The paper submission deadline Sunday, August 15, 2021.
- The peer review must be completed by Monday, November 29, 2021.
Presentation is a requirement for publication
Authors presenting a plenary, invited and/or contributed oral, or poster presentation are strongly encouraged to submit their paper for peer review. However, authors are not required to submit a paper. A submitted paper will only be considered for peer review and publication if the work was presented at its scheduled day & time during the virtual CEC/ICMC 2021.
Contributed oral and poster papers may be up to eight (8) pages including figures and references for submitted papers, up to ten (10) for invited, and up to twenty (20) for plenary papers, without incurring charges for additional pages.
The additional page charge is US $150. Payment for additional page charges can be made while registering for the conference or with acceptance of the paper.
If reviewers/editors request that additional content be added to provide a better understanding of what is presented and the page limit is exceeded, a fee applies. It is not the editors responsibility to remind authors of page limits. If authors have a concern of the page limit, the authors either need to discuss with the editors on how/what content can be removed to stay within the limits.
Preparing your paper
IOP Conference Series uses author-supplied PDFs for all online and print publication. Authors are asked to prepare their papers using Microsoft Word or LaTeX, according to the journal guidelines and templates, and then convert these files to PDF.
It is important to ensure that when you submit your paper, it is in its final form ready for publication, and has been thoroughly proofread. IOP does not copyedit papers and will not send out author proofs prior to publication. Please note: post-publication changes are not usually permitted, unless there are exceptional circumstances, so please ensure your paper has been checked for errors.
Summary of paper preparation guidelines
Authors are asked to review all information and available files carefully.
- The PDF file of your paper. When preparing your paper, ensure that you follow the author guidelines, but as a minimum:
- Use European A4 sized paper with at least a 25mm margin.
- Margins are 4cm (top), 2.5cm (left and right) and 2.7cm (bottom).
- The paper includes the author name and affiliation (full address including country).
- Ensure that your paper includes an abstract.
- Abstract format: 10 point, Times or Times New Roman; indented 35 mm from the left margin, should not exceed 200 words in a single paragraph; leave 10 mm space after the abstract before the main text
- Do not add page numbers, or headers or footers to your article.
- All fonts are embedded.
- Text is single spaced, not double spaced; main text is 11 point, Times or Times New Roman.
- Figures are placed within the text, not collected at the end of the document. Figure caption text is 11 point, Times or Times New Roman (same as main text).
- Reference lists are checked for accuracy. References can only be linked via Crossref if they are correct and complete.
- References are listed before the Acknowledgments and it is a numbered section.
- The Acknowledgments section (if applicable) is listed last in your paper (after the References) and is not a numbered section.
- The PDF is free of formatting errors (e.g. corrupt equations, missing or low-resolution figures), since conversion from Word to PDF can introduce formatting errors.
- Conduct a thorough proofread to check the standard of English and ensure wording is clear and concise.
- The PDF file is editable and not password protected.
- Adhere to the page limits.
- Provide any multimedia files you wish to publish online.
- IOP Conference Series encourages authors to submit multimedia files to enhance the online versions of published research articles.
- Technical Criteria
- Scientific merit: notably scientific rigour, accuracy and correctness.
- Clarity of expression; communication of ideas; readability and discussion of concepts.
- Sufficient discussion of the context of the work, and suitable referencing.
- Quality Criteria
- Originality: Is the work relevant and novel?
- Motivation: Does the problem considered have a sound motivation? A paper should clearly demonstrate the scientific interest of the results.
- Repetition: Have significant parts of the paper already been published?
- Length: Is the content of the work of sufficient scientific interest to justify its length?
- Presentation Criteria
- Title: Is it adequate and appropriate for the content of the article?
- Abstract: Does it contain the essential information of the article? Is it complete? Is it suitable for inclusion by itself in an abstracting service?
- Diagrams, figures, tables and captions: Are they essential and clear?
- Text and mathematics: Are they brief but still clear? If you recommend shortening, please suggest what should be omitted.
- Conclusion: Does the paper contain a carefully written conclusion, summarizing what has been learned and why it is interesting and useful?
- JPCS A4 Template (word format)
- JPCS Word Template Guidelines
- JPCS Example Word Document
- Simple Instructions (PDF)
- References (PDF)
- Multimedia Guidelines
- For author’s using LaTeX, please download templates here.
Publication licence for open access proceedings papers
IOP Conference Series operates a publishing licence, under which authors retain copyright of their papers and they no longer need to sign and submit copyright assignment forms. Any author who wishes to publish in the IOP Conference Series must agree to the terms of the licence and by submitting a paper for publication it is assumed all authors of the paper agree, in full, to the terms of the licence.
By submitting a paper an author and all co-authors are assumed to agree with the terms of the IOP Proceedings Licence. The licence terms and conditions are available online.
Papers, prepared according to the author guidelines, must be submitted to the CEC/ICMC’21 IOP peer review site (hosted by Morressier). An email was sent on August 5, 2021 to the presenter of the abstract with submission information.
- All papers will be peer-reviewed for technical merit and for conformance to the standards of format and style as laid out in the author instructions and the paper sample.
- If you are notified during this peer-review process that your paper is in need of technical and/or format and style changes, you are to make the necessary effort needed to complete those modifications and upload your revised paper to the IOP submission site within the specific time frame that is requested.
- All color figures will appear in black-and-white for printed copies, however, will be in color in the online publication. Check your figures carefully to avoid loss of information. Do not mention color in the figure caption.
- Papers are being reviewed for format. Not following the formatting guidelines as outlined is reason for rejection.
We want to thank each of you in advance for the significant efforts you will make to help the publication be a great success.
Editorial office / Contact information
For any publication related questions, please contact Centennial Conferences via email and be sure to reference your Abstract/Presentation ID in any correspondence.
For a list of Archived Transactions, please click here.