It has been a long-standing practice of the International Cryogenic Materials Conference (ICMC) to present awards to students for outstanding work. These awards are made on a competitive basis. Winners will receive a printed certificate and a monetary award.
The ICMC Student Meritorious Paper award will be presented to the recipient at the 2021 Conference.
The following paper presented at the 2019 Conference in Hartford, Connecticut, published in the IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, [Vol. TBD], has been selected for the Student Meritorious Paper Award:
All students who successfully apply for an Early Registration Fee Waiver will automatically be entered for the ICMC Meritorious Paper Award. The full manuscript can be submitted up to the manuscript submission deadline for the conference, which is May 17, 2021. It is this full manuscript that will be judged.
Students who do not apply for the Early Registration Fee Waiver and want to have their manuscript entered for the ICMC Meritorious Paper Award should contact Prof. Eric Hellstrom during the conference to signal that they want their manuscript to be considered for the award.
- All students must submit an acceptable manuscript following the CEC/ICMC format by the regular manuscript submission deadline for the Conference (May 17, 2021).
- To be considered for the award, the student must personally present their paper as an oral or poster presentation in an ICMC session at the Conference.
- The 2019 ICMC Student Meritorious Paper Award(s) will be decided during the paper peer review process which follows the 2021 Conference.
- The winner(s) will be notified and receive the monetary award and printed certificate by mail.
- The winner(s) will be announced on the 2023 website.
- The winner(s) will be recognized publicly at the 2023 Conference.
ICMC applications should be sent to:
Prof. Eric Hellstrom
The Applied Superconductivity Center,
National High Magnetic Field Laboratory
Florida State University
2031 E. Paul Dirac Dr
Tallahassee, FL 32310 USA