ICMC and CEC have jointly established an enhancing program that allows for a full early registration fee waiver for students who attend the 2021 virtual Conference.
This program allows for a full waiver of the early registration fee for students who:
- submit a regular abstract to a CEC/ICMC sorting category as either CEC or ICMC, respectively, by the regular abstract due date (April 15, 2021),
- also submit a separate one-page extended abstract by April 30, 2021 – see details below about where to submit the extended abstract, plus a template for the extended abstract,
- register as a CEC or an ICMC participant,
- present at either a CEC or an ICMC session at the conference, and
- agree to submit a paper based on the presentation for publication in the CEC and ICMC proceedings. The manuscript must follow the CEC/ICMC manuscript format and is due by the conference manuscript submission deadline (July 20, 2021).
Fee waivers will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis until the funds set aside for this program are spent.
The type of presentation can be either oral or poster, but the abstract must be accepted for either a CEC or ICMC session in order for the waiver to be given. Only the presenting student of each extended abstract (one page) is eligible for the fee waiver. If one student is making more than one presentation, only one extended abstract for one of the presentations is needed for that student to participate in this program. Multiple students from the same institute/school and/or research group are encouraged to apply for the fee waiver, as long as they meet the above requirements.
Please send your extended one-page abstract (click here for template) by 11:59 PM, ET, April 30, 2021 to the following:
|Sastry Pamidi – 2021 CEC Program Chair||Shreyas Balachandran – 2021 ICMC Program Co-Chair|
|Peter Kittel – 2021 CEC Program Vice-Chair & Awards Chair||Tengming Shen – 2021 ICMC Program Co-Chair|
|Eric Hellstrom – 2021 ICMC Awards Chair|
The review process will be completed by May 7, 2021. Decision notifications will be sent on May 7, 2021. Successful applicants will be sent a code to enter when registering for the student registration fee waiver. Once the notification is sent, please register by the early registration deadline of May 14, 2021, as the waiver only covers the fee for early registration. Those registering late will need to pay the difference.