- All PLENARY sessions will be held in the Marriott Ballroom at the Hartford Marriott Downtown hotel.
- Oral session M3Or4A – Joint CEC & ICMC Session: Transportation Overview (Wednesday, July 24, 4:15 – 6:20 PM) will also be held in the Marriott Ballroom at the Hartford Marriott Downtown hotel.
- All OTHER sessions and social events will be held on the 6th level of the Connecticut Convention Center.
- All presenters are encouraged to upload an electronic copy of their poster in .pdf format prior to their presentation at the scheduled CEC/ICMC’19 session.
- By participating at CEC/ICMC’19 and submitting your presentation, you implicitly agree to publish the content of your presentation on the public Indico site.
- Presentation upload instructions can be found here.
- Presenters are REQUIRED to submit an electronic version of their talk at least one day prior to their presentation to the Speaker Ready Room (Room 11). Files are reviewed, scanned for viruses and loaded onto the appropriate computers in the session rooms. Changes to submitted files will not be allowed.
- Presentations will be given using the computers provided by the CEC/ICMC’19 Conference. Presenters’ personal computers cannot be used.
- Using removable media (USB drives) is prohibited on the computers in oral session rooms. Saving data to and from them is not possible.
- Files transferred to the session computers cannot be copied by anyone and will be deleted after the Conference. Anyone wishing to receive a copy of the slides should contact the presenter, not CEC/ICMC’19.
- Presentations must be submitted in Microsoft Power Point 2016 or PDF format. Acceptable media include CD and USB flash drive. Macintosh computers will not be available in any of the session rooms. Authors using a Macintosh must ensure their presentations operate correctly using Microsoft Office 2016 or Adobe Acrobat in the Windows environment.
- All session rooms are equipped with an LCD projector, computer, microphones, laser pointer, timer and screen. The laptops in the oral session rooms are not equipped to accommodate audio sound.
- The session rooms will have a screen for 16:9 presentation format.
- Contributed oral presentations are 15 minutes; arrange your talk so that your presentation lasts 12 – 13 minutes with 2 – 3 minutes available for questions.
- Most invited presentations are 30 minutes; arrange your talk so that your presentation lasts 25 minutes with 5 minutes available for questions. If your invited talk is less than 30 minutes, you will be notified.
- Arrive a few minutes before the session and introduce yourself to the session moderators before the start of the session.
- There will be no rearrangement of papers within an oral session to accommodate absences or cancellations. The time assigned to an oral presentation within the oral session is fixed.
- Presentation at CEC/ICMC’19 is required for a paper to be considered for peer review. A paper written from its presentation will not be considered for publication in the conference proceedings of the IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (MSE), Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, if the presentation was not given during its scheduled time at CEC/ICMC’19.
The Speaker Ready Room is located in Room 11. The hours of operation are as follows:
|Sunday, July 21||3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.|
|Monday, July 22||7:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday, July 23||7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, July 24||7:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.|
|Thursday, July 25||7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.|
- If you need to make changes or withdraw your presentation from the program BEFORE the Conference, please contact Centennial Conferences via email. If you need to make changes or withdraw your presentation from the program ON-SITE at the Conference, please advise the staff in the Publications Office (Room 11). Please be sure to provide your presentation ID number (e.g. C1Or1A-01, C3Po1A-01, M1Or1A-01, M2Po2D-01, etc.) on any correspondence.
Authors are strongly encouraged to:
- consider font embedding to ensure that characters display properly
- bring a duplicate copy of their presentation in electronic format
- ensure that all font sizes are large enough to be read from the back of the room
- ensure that line widths are thick enough to be seen from the back of the room
- ensure that color choices provide high contrast
More helpful tips can be found here.