–> CEC/ICMC 2017 Published Papers Now Available <–
Open Access IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (MSE)
Advances in Cryogenic Engineering (CEC, Volume 278)
Advances in Cryogenic Engineering – Materials (ICMC – Volume 279)
The CEC/ICMC publication appears in the IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, a completely open access, green publication, with full text available for instant download to anyone online free of charge. The papers are indexed by Google and Google Scholar, with additional abstracting and indexing in Scopus, Inspec, ISI proceedings, Chemical abstracts, SPIRES, MathSciNet, and others. For CEC/ICMC papers published from the 2015 conference, the average number of online downloads as of January 2017, for example for the ICMC papers, is 98.7.
Manuscript submission & peer review deadline
The manuscript submission deadline is Monday, July 10, 2017.
The peer review must be completed by October 30, 2017.
Presentation is a requirement for publication
Anyone who will be presenting a plenary, invited and/or contributed oral, or poster presentation is strongly encouraged to submit their paper for peer review. However, authors are not required to submit a paper. A submitted paper will only be considered for peer review if the work was presented at its scheduled day & time during CEC/ICMC 2017.
Oral and poster papers may be up to eight (8) pages including figures and references for submitted papers, up to ten (10) for invited, and up to twenty (20) for plenary papers, without incurring charges for additional pages.
The additional page charge is US $150. Payment for additional page charges can be made while registering for the conference or onsite at the Registration Desk or in the Publications Office. Payments for additional pages must be received no later than 6:00 p.m., CDT, on Tuesday, July 11, 2017.
IOP Conference Series uses author-supplied PDFs for all online and print publication. Authors are asked to prepare their papers using Microsoft Word or LaTeX, according to the journal guidelines and templates, and then convert these files to PDF. Full instructions on preparing your paper, along with templates, are available on the IOP Conference Series Author Page. Please review all information and available files carefully.
It is important to ensure that when you submit your paper, it is in its final form ready for publication, and has been thoroughly proofread. IOP does not copyedit papers and will not send out author proofs prior to publication. Please note: post-publication changes are not usually permitted, unless there are exceptional circumstances, so please ensure your paper has been checked for errors.
- The PDF file of your paper. When preparing your paper, ensure that you follow the author guidelines, but as a minimum:
- Use European A4 sized paper with at least a 25mm margin
- Ensure that your paper includes an abstract
- Do not add any page numbers, headers or footers to your article
- Adhere to the page limits
- Conduct a thorough proofread to check the standard of English and ensure wording is clear and concise
- Any multimedia files you wish to publish online
- JPCS encourages authors to submit multimedia files to enhance the online versions of published research articles.
Publication licence for open access proceedings papers
IOP Conference Series operates a publishing licence, under which authors retain copyright of their papers and they no longer need to sign and submit copyright assignment forms. Any author who wishes to publish in the IOP Conference Series must agree to the terms of the licence and by submitting a paper for publication it is assumed all authors of the paper agree, in full, to the terms of the licence.
The licence terms and conditions are available online.
Papers, prepared according to the author guidelines, must be submitted to the IOP peer review site.
Click here to submit your paper. Note that you must first register yourself with a user account in order to submit a paper.
Authors will be required, during the submission process, to select the session in which they are scheduled to present and to enter the presentation ID as shown in the program book. The presentation ID is case sensitive and can only be used once. Be sure to enter the correct presentation ID. Once the paper is submitted, changes can no longer be made. For poster presentations, do not include the poster board number which is the number in brackets after the presentation ID.
- All papers will be peer-reviewed for technical merit and for conformance to the standards of format and style as laid out in the author instructions and the paper sample.
- If you are notified during this peer-review process that your paper is in need of technical and/or format and style changes, you are to make the necessary effort needed to complete those modifications and upload your revised paper to the IOP submission site within the specific time frame that is requested.
- All color figures will appear in black-and-white for printed copies, however, will be in color in the online publication. Check your figures carefully to avoid loss of information. Do not mention color in the figure caption.
- Papers are being reviewed for format. Not following the formatting guidelines as outlined is reason for rejection.
We want to thank each of you in advance for the significant efforts you will make to help the publication be a great success.
Onsite publication office
The Publication Office/manuscript upload support room is located in Room K/L. The hours of operation are as follows:
|Sunday, July 9||03:00 p.m. – 07:00 p.m.|
|Monday, July 10||07:00 a.m. – 06:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday, July 11||07:00 a.m. – 05:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday, July 12||07:00 a.m. – 06:30 p.m.|
|Thursday, July 13||07:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.|
Editorial office / Contact information
For any publication related questions, please contact Annett Cady via email and be sure to reference your Program/Presentation ID in any correspondence.
For a list of Archived Transactions, please click here.