Donna Jung was President of International Cryogenics, on February 1, 2013, and was a leader in the cryogenic community, president of a longtime Cryogenic Society of America (CSA) Corporate Sustaining Member company, and a stalwart supporter of the Society. She was one of the second-generation company leaders who make up the “Cryomafia” with her boundless energy, great humor and hard work. She always took the opportunity to make sure all were embraced and became a part of the cryogenic community she had helped build. This graduate scholarship was intended to “develop and foster increased interest and participation in fields of cryogenic studies and to encourage future engineers and scientists “especially in areas of increasing future female leaders.
The award will be in the amount of $2,500 for a single year. If the applicant is still in grad school for the following year, a renewal is possible, pending acceptable grades and research progress. The award will be paid directly to the student’s college/university and can only be used to cover educational expenses. As a condition of the award, the student must sign an award agreement that describes the requirements and responsibilities of the student.
To be eligible for an award, applicants:
- will be enrolled during the time of the award in an accredited U.S. college or university as a female, full-time graduate degree-seeking student;
- will follow a course of study or major field leading to a graduate degree in an engineering or scientific discipline that encompasses a field of study or research relevant to cryogenic engineering/technology;
- have attained a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4.00 scale (unweighted) at the time of nomination;
- must maintain satisfactory academic progress during the scholarship award period to be eligible for a renewal.
You will need to provide the following:
- Contact Information
- References (2 required)
- Potential/current Advisor Information
- Proposed research intended
The deadline to submit your application has been extended until August 15, 2023.