CEC-ICMC have jointly established an enhancing program that allows for a full early registration fee waiver for students who attend the 2023 Conference.
This program allows for a full waiver of the early registration fee for students who:
- submit a regular abstract to a CEC-ICMC sorting category as either CEC or ICMC, respectively, by the regular abstract due date (Extended to March 3, 2023),
- also submit a separate one-page extended abstract by March 8, 2023 – see details below about where to submit the extended abstract, plus a template for the extended abstract,
- register as a CEC or an ICMC participant,
- present at either a CEC or an ICMC session at the conference, and
- agree to submit a paper based on the presentation for publication in the CEC and ICMC proceedings. The manuscript must follow the CEC-ICMC manuscript format and is due by the conference manuscript submission deadline (July 21, 2023).
Fee waivers will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis until the funds set aside for this program are spent.
The type of presentation can be either oral or poster, but the abstract must be accepted for either a CEC or ICMC session in order for the waiver to be given. Only the presenting student of each extended abstract (one page) is eligible for the fee waiver; if one student is making more than one presentation, only one extended abstract for one of the presentations is needed for that student to participate in this program. Multiple students from the same institute/school and/or research group are encouraged to apply for the fee waiver, as long as they meet the above requirements.
Download one-page extended abstract here: (click here for template) and submit by 11:59 PM, ET, March 8, 2023.
Decision notifications will be sent on April 10, 2023. Successful applicants will be sent a code to enter when registering for the student registration fee waiver. Once the notification is sent, please register by the early registration deadline of May 24, 2023, as the waiver only covers the fee for early registration. Those registering late will need to pay the difference.