It has been a long-standing practice of the International Cryogenic Materials Conference (ICMC) to present awards to students for outstanding work. These awards are made on a competitive basis. Winners will receive a printed certificate and a monetary award.
The ICMC Student Meritorious Paper Award consists of an award certificate and a $500 honorarium and will be presented after the plenary session on Thursday, July 13, 2023.
The ICMC Awards Committee has selected the following Best Student Meritorious Papers presented at the 2021 Virtual Conference and published in the IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, Vol. 1241, 2022:
“Electric Aircraft Fueled by Liquid Hydrogen and Liquefied Natural Gas”
Article Number: 012035
Srikar Telikapalli, Roberto M. Swain, Peter Cheetham, Chul H. Kim and Sastry V. Pamidi
“Interface Engineering for Enhanced Magnetic Vortex Pinning by 1D-BZO APCs in a Wide Angular Range”
Article Number: 012022
Victor Ogunjimi, Mary Ann Sebastian, Di Zhang, Bibek Gautam, Jie Jian, Jijie Huang, Yifan Zhang, Timothy Haugan, Haiyan Wang and Judy Wu
All students who successfully apply for an Early Registration Fee Waiver will automatically be entered for the ICMC Meritorious Paper Award. The full manuscript can be submitted up to the manuscript submission deadline for the conference, which is July 10, 2023. It is this full manuscript that will be judged.
Students who do not apply for the Early Registration Fee Waiver and want to have their manuscript entered for the ICMC Meritorious Paper Award should contact Prof. Eric Hellstrom during the conference to signal that they want their manuscript to be considered for the award.
- All students must submit an acceptable manuscript following the CEC/ICMC format by the regular manuscript submission deadline for the Conference (July 21, 2023).
- To be considered for the award, the student must personally present their paper as an oral or poster presentation in an ICMC session at the Conference.
- The 2023 ICMC Student Meritorious Paper Award(s) will be decided during the paper peer review process which follows the 2023 Conference.
- The winner(s) will be notified and receive the monetary award and printed certificate by mail.
- The winner(s) will be announced on the 2025 website.
- The winner(s) will be recognized publicly at the 2025 Conference.